[rt-users] Using RT to track outgoing requests

Raed El-Hames Raed.El-Hames at daisygroupplc.com
Wed Apr 27 06:15:15 EDT 2011

Nathan:

There are different ways of dealing with the scenario you have.
What I do in here in a set up very similar to yours, is create a ticket with the customer contact as a requestor,
When 3rd party supplier needed I create a linked/child ticket in queue that does not send a standard auto-responder and instead an email similar to correspondence.
I like to separate my supplier and customer communication , hence the use of a linked ticket, but I have a scrip that trickle the updates from the child ticket to the parent as a comment, this allows me to have all correspondence on the issue in one single ticket.

Roy