[rt-users] Is a time zone user preference available?

Eli Guzman eguzman at cvimellesgriot.com
Fri Apr 29 15:58:16 EDT 2011

----Original Message----
From: rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com
[mailto:rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Kevin
Falcone Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2011 9:08 PM To:
rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com Subject: Re: [rt-users] Is a time zone
user preference available?

> On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 02:10:20PM -0600, Eli Guzman wrote:
>> I have one more issue, I am working on and this is enabling the full
>> SSO (auto-login) function of RT::Authen::LDAP, but I keep running
>> into some issues. AD users are able to authenticated against AD, but
>> the RT interface won't automatically log them in. I think my
>> RT_SiteConfig.pm (the one located at
>> /opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/etc) is correct:
>
> This should really be a separate email to the list, but you don't
> appear to be running the current release of RT::Authen::ExternalAuth
>
> Please provide your RT and extension versions
>
> -kevin

Hey Kevin,

I am currently running RT-Authen-ExternalAuth 0.8_01, and RT 3.89:

cpan -l output

lib::RT::Authen::ExternalAuth   0.08_01
lib::RT::Authen::ExternalAuth::DBI      undef
lib::RT::Authen::ExternalAuth::LDAP     undef
lib::RT::Authen::ExternalAuth::DBI::Cookie      undef
blib::lib::RT::Authen::ExternalAuth     0.08_01

I thought I was at the latest version for RT-Authen-ExternalAuth, has
another release been made available? If this is the case I can download
and install if needed.

Just to recap: LDAP authentication works, the SSO piece (the automatic
logon into the interface) fails.

This is essentially the last piece we have before finishing up this
setup so any advice you may have could be very useful to us.

Regards,
--Eli