[rt-users] Why does SeeCustomField and ModifyCustomField show up in Queue group rights?

Todd Chapman todd at chaka.net
Wed Apr 20 20:17:02 EDT 2011

I noticed that SeeCustomField and ModifyCustomField show up when
editing group rights for a specific queue, and also when editing
global RTFM class group rights.

My understanding is that the ability to see a custom field is a
combination of having SeeCustomField on the custom field itself, and
also being able to see the object that the custom field is assigned
to. Similar case for ModifyCustomField.

Is my understanding correct, and if so doesn't it make it pointless to
have these rights for individual queues or globally for RTFM classes?

Thanks.

-Todd