[rt-users] relative data ticket search for monthly report?

John Alberts John.Alberts at exlibrisgroup.com
Wed Aug 3 21:29:53 EDT 2011

Hi.  I've found quite a few examples and documentation about using relative dates to search RT; however, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to use relative dates to get a list of tickets that were created last month.

I would like to create and save a search for our secretary, so she can easily get a list of tickets in a specific queue that were created last month.  Without using relative dates, getting the tickets in this queue that were created last month is not a problem.  This works perfect.

Queue = 'Root Cause Analysis Forms' AND (  Created >= '07-01-2011' AND Created < '08-01-2011' )

Using relative dates, I tried these, and none work how I want.
# This works, but the end date isn't relative
Queue = 'Root Cause Analysis Forms' AND (  Created >= 'first of last month' AND Created < '08-01-2011' )

# Returns 0 results
Queue = 'Root Cause Analysis Forms' AND (  Created >= 'first of last month' AND Created < 'first of this month' )

# Returns 0 results
Queue = 'Root Cause Analysis Forms' AND (  Created >= 'first of last month' AND Created < 'first of the month' )

# Returns 0 results
Queue = 'Root Cause Analysis Forms' AND (  Created >= 'first of last month' AND Created < 'this month' )

#Returns 0 results
Queue = 'Root Cause Analysis Forms' AND (  Created >= 'first of last month' AND Created <= 'end of last month' )

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
John