[rt-users] RT 3.8.10 is setting a CF value on new ticket creation?

Jeff Blaine jblaine at kickflop.net
Tue Aug 9 14:59:44 EDT 2011

I'm confused and can't see that I am doing anything
wrong.  Either I *am* doing something wrong, or there's
a really bizarre bug in 3.8.10.  Surely it's the former.

The following scrip reports (as we expect in our specific
test cases):

     No match, Discovery Method left alone
     Old '' New ''

Yet the CF named 'Discovery Method' is in fact being set
to a value when a new ticket is created.  The value set
seems random and is not the same thing with each new
ticket.

We have no other scrips that concern themselves with this
field.  Does anyone have any ideas?

# ... a bunch of tests here to set Discovery Method based
# ... on whether the ticket subject matches a regex or not
if ($matched == 0) {
     $RT::Logger->info("No match, Discovery Method left alone");
}
my $trans = $self->TransactionObj;
my $ticket = $self->TicketObj;
my $testcf = new RT::CustomField($RT::SystemUser);

$testcf->LoadByName(Queue => $ticket->QueueObj->id,
                      Name => "Discovery Method");
my $oldv = trim($self->TransactionObj->OldValue());
my $newv = trim($self->TransactionObj->NewValue());
$RT::Logger->info("Old '$oldv' New '$newv'");

return 1;