[rt-users] Allowing users to set only themselves as owners

Henry, Laura lhenry at bcgov.net
Fri Aug 12 12:16:34 EDT 2011

I manage tech requests in our five-branch library system. At each of our five branches, we have a “first responder” who fixes local technical issues, and if the first responder can’t handle the issue, it gets escalated to me.

Right now I have RT set up so that any of the first responders or I can be an owner of a ticket. When a user clicks the dropdown box of possible owners, the list includes all first responders and me. Is there a way to restrict the choice for any given first responder to only “self” or me? For example, when Jane at South Branch puts in a trouble ticket, the list of possible owners would include only Jane or Laura. Meanwhile, Steve at West Branch would see the list of possible owners as Steve or Laura. This will cut down on people accidentally (or “accidentally”) setting the owner to someone at another branch. I hope this all makes sense!

Anyway… I’ve looked at Tools-Configuration-Users-Global- User Rights and Group Rights and all the Queue Configuration fields, as well as the wiki, searched the RT book on Google Books (Only parts of the book are available there, but I don’t own it), and searched the mailing list archives for various permutations of “restrict ownership to self only” and similar. I can’t seem to find anything that looks like what I want. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Is this even possible?

Thanks,

Laura C. Henry, MLS
Assistant Systems Librarian
Beaufort County Library