[rt-users] Linking Remedy and RT3

Kenneth Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Wed Aug 17 12:52:38 EDT 2011

Horst,

We do something like that. We have a production job scheduler that runs day
and night. When a job abends or ends in error, we have it send an email to a
specific Queue, but different Queues for different sets of job. Each job has
an email address where it can send emails. That way, a GL job that abends
goes to the GL Queue and an AP job that abends goes to the AP Queue.

Then, we set up a user in RT to be the "From" Email address of the job
scheduler and give it rights to access the system. We set up those Queues to
allow all privileged to "CreateTickets", all other privileges are per
group/role. Viola', we have have an email ticket for every job that abends
and RT sends notification tickets to the people responsible for tickets in
those Queues.

You might be able to do the same kind of thing with Remedy.

Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL