[rt-users] Query builder - Unable to search for NULL date fields

David Moreau Simard fooraide at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 11:32:51 EDT 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to run a search that would return tickets that have not been
replied to yet (for which the Told field is NULL).

I've looked in the database, and the value of the field is NULL when a
ticket has not been replied to (not as a string, it actually is NULL)
and while I am able to pull tickets using a MySQL query, I am unable to
search for them using the query builder in RT 3.8.8.

Strangely enough, the following query is considered valid:
Queue = '<queue>' and Told IS NULL

It returns tickets wether or not they have been replied to.

I guess what I am trying to achieve is the same thing as this:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/users/55076

The wiki was not helpful in regards to what I am trying to do:
http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/TicketSQL

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

- David