[rt-users] [Rt-devel] adding a new section in tickets display

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Sat Aug 20 10:46:00 EDT 2011

Hi,

I'm pretty sure rt-users@ list can help you better with first steps in
customizing RT. Ccing it,
instead of devel list. Comments inlined below.

On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 6:30 PM, SathiyaMoorthy SP
<jobs.sathiya at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to a new section with certain columns & rows. Similar like
> basics or people section, i am thinking of adding a new section for Ticket
> display.

That whole information block rendered in
html/Ticket/Elements/ShowSummary, as far as I recall
it has 4 callbacks for all corners of the block to put new smaller
boxes with info.

> I understand like, i have to add required tables to database. But which is
> the best way for showing the new section, allowing the user to add, edit,
> delete to the new section - which part of the code i should look at.

Do you really need a new table? RT have custom fields and attributes.

http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/Customizing is good start.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.