[rt-users] First outbound correspondence.

Hamilton Preston 1.hamilton.preston at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 11:28:42 EDT 2011

>> How can you tell the first time a person sent an outbound email to the
>> Requestors using the RT.pm package?
>
> That depends on where you start: command line script, rt-crontool,
> scrip, template, mason or something else.
>
>> In contrast to an outbound email sent from a scrip or an inbound email?
>
> What are you trying to do?

We are trying to get the time from ticket creation to the first
outbound Correspondence from a command line script for reporting.

The intent is to measure how long it takes for the initial response
from a person.

I was able to limp along by doing using

rt show ticket/[Ticket ID]/history

and extracting the data from the output like:

===> Correspondence added by root on Thu Aug 25 07:50:00 2011

It worked but I know there is a better way to do this.

Thank you for any assistance.