[rt-users] Upgrade or migrate to RT4?

Danny Althoff fibrefox at dynamicfiles.de
Fri Aug 26 08:39:38 EDT 2011

I just migrated from RT 3.8.8 to 4.0.1 (debian-version/-repository) just with
dbdump and a fresh RT4-installation.

I copied the RT_SiteConf-file into my RT-folder and tried to run
"/usr/sbin/rt-setup-database" but it always failed to use MySQL, it was a real
nightmare because it always wanted to change some "SQLite3"-database.

I had to modify that nasty
"/etc/request-tracker4/RT_SiteConfig.d/51-dbconfig-common" file to use my
mysql-database, had cost me 2 days to figure out :(

After modifying i run "update-rt-siteconfig-4" to write some stuff

In the end running "/usr/sbin/rt-setup-database --dba rt
--prompt-for-dba-password --action upgrade" worked for me FINALLY !!!!

Too bad, that this is SO undocumented (until now).