[rt-users] Reduce RAM usage of mysql and apache on RT install 1GB Ram vps

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Sat Aug 27 12:37:38 EDT 2011

po files is not memory efficient and I can't find cycles to improve it.

Using RT on Apache with mod_perl without reverse proxy in front is also
memory hungry setup. Use reverse proxy for mod_perl setups.

Simple fastcgi is a little bit better as web server acts like proxy and one
fastcgi process may serve several server processes. However, each fastcgi
process started on its own by web server and don't share memory.

Recent RT versions have external fastcgi server that uses forks and shares
memory.

I think external forking fastcgi server with nginx/lighttpd/Apache in front
may give most memory effective setup.

Regards, Ruslan. From phone.