[rt-users] Creating custom fields with non-root account?

Stefan Vollmar vollmar at nf.mpg.de
Fri Dec 23 04:39:26 EST 2011

Hello,

we have recently added a new queue to our RT system: this queue is supposed to be used by one (external) group of colleagues only and they should be able to make any changes to it they desire. In our configuration, only the root user can create custom fields and, if possible, it should not be necessary for our external colleagues to have the root password to edit their custom fields. Is it possible to give  particular users of one RT group root rights (or extended rights for editing custom fields, at least) - but only for one queue?

Many thanks in advance.
Best regards,
 Stefan
--