[rt-users] Load balancer and RT

Thierry Thelliez thierry.thelliez.tech at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 13:30:34 EST 2011

Roy,

Thanks for your answer.  Could you please tell me more about your
proxy settings?

We have a virtual host definition like the following.  Yesterday we
started adding the ProxyPreserveHost, ProxyVia,
ProxyPassReverseCookieDomain while chasing the session mix up issues.
It is still happening although very rarely.  And it is hard to
reproduce on demand... This virtual host points to two RT instances.

    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteRule ^/(.*) - [P,QSA]

    ProxyPreserveHost ON
    ProxyVia Full
    KeepAlive On
    ProxyPassReverseCookieDomain mydomain.com

    <Proxy balancer://proxy-balancer>
       BalancerMember    http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xx1/rt_demo
       BalancerMember    http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xx2/rt_demo
    </Proxy>
    ProxyPass      /rt_demo  balancer://proxy-balancer

And on each RT instance we have the 'classic' setup:

    Alias /rt_demo "/opt/rt3/share/html"

    PerlModule Apache2::compat
    PerlModule Apache::DBI
    PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl

    AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/x-javascript text/css text/html

    <Location /rt/NoAuth>
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all
     Satisfy any