[rt-users] Load balancer and RT

Raed El-Hames Raed.El-Hames at daisygroupplc.com
Fri Feb 4 06:04:35 EST 2011

Thierry:

We don't use proxy , we use linux virtual servers and keepalived to balance the traffic into 2 RT web servers.
I am sorry I have no real experience with using Proxy so cannot help you.
In our case keepalived takes care of maintaining session state, when ever we tested a failure of the web servers, the users RT session were not interrupted with the exception of little glitch when the network adjusted itself.

Our each RT instance is a <VirtualHost rt.mycompany.com:443> , the rest of the RT apache configuration is similar to yours.

Roy