[rt-users] monthly reports?

Chris Barnes chris-barnes at tamu.edu
Thu Feb 3 13:54:23 EST 2011

On 2/3/2011 12:34 PM, Mark Regensberg wrote:
> On 03 Feb 2011, at 7:57 PM, Chris Barnes wrote:
>
>> I am trying to figure out how to do a monthly report for the activity we had go through RT, and I am having a devil of a time trying to figure out how to build my query.
>>
>> Basically I want any ticket included which was open, stalled, or new at ANY point during the month of January.   Said another way, I do NOT want it to include tickets which were open then resolved prior to January 1, nor new tickets since the beginning of Feb.
>
> I use Created for a similar query ( i.e. tickets created in a range), e.g.
>
> Queue = 'Queue Name'
> AND Created>  '1 month ago'
> AND Status != 'Spam'

That would be close - but what about tickets in the previous month, but
not resolved (or even still open)?  After all, those are tickets we
"worked on" during the month in question...

Created < 'first of this month'
AND
    (Status = ('open' OR 'stalled' OR 'new')
     OR
     Status ='resolved' AND Resolved > 'first of last month')

> will give you all tickets created in the last month, regardless of
> status (we have a spam status, and I don't really feel like seeing
> those...)

I simply use the status "deleted" for spam.  :-)

>> Surely this is the kind of report that other folks are running on a routine basis, right?
>
> weekly. Monthly is a bit long.

We only have monthly meetings.  :-)

--
Chris Barnes                           AOL IM: CNBarnes
chris-barnes at tamu.edu                Yahoo IM: chrisnbarnes
Computer Systems Manager               MSN IM: chris at txbarnes.com
Department of Physics                      ph: 979-845-1379
Texas A&M University                      fax: 979-845-2590