[rt-users] Default auto-refresh interval

Michael Brown mbrown at fensystems.co.uk
Wed Feb 9 18:27:15 EST 2011

On Wednesday 09 Feb 2011 21:24:17 Kevin Falcone wrote:
> Please obey the Reply-To, I subscribe to the list and don't need
> personal email.

Of course, since you ask so nicely.

> > Doesn't show up in any file my (pre-packaged) version of RT 3.8.1:
>
> 3.8.1 is 2.5 years old and vulnerable to multiple security issues.
> Hopefully you've been patching.

Didn't realise the distro package was so old.  Have updated the package to
3.8.8.  In the unlikely event that anyone else wants a Mandriva RPM updated to
3.8.8, the SRPM is available at

  http://www.fensystems.co.uk/~mcb30/rt-3.8.8-1fs2010.0.src.rpm

> >   grep -i HomePageRefreshInterval `rpm -ql rt`
> >
> > nor in a search of the RT wiki.
> >
> > I assume it's a relatively new setting that isn't yet documented?
>
> It was added in 3.8.3 which is more than 1.5 years old

Updated http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/UserConfigurableRefreshPeriods to
reflect the fact that it is no longer necessary to hack the source code.

Michael