[rt-users] Problems with RequestTracker

Michelle Konzack linux4michelle at tamay-dogan.net
Thu Feb 10 16:53:17 EST 2011

Hello,

arround two years ago I had already asked this, but now it  is  more  or
less urgent.

I run IBM eServer with a bunch of Apache VHosts and several customers.

With RT it is not possibel,  to  run  one  VHost  and  have  e.g.  three
differnt targets like "abuse", "support" and "info" like

    http://support.customer1.com/abuse/
                                /info/
                                /support/
    http://support.customer2.com/abuse/
                                /info/
                                /support/

Also it is not possibel to have more then  one  customer  on  a  server,
because RT  enforce  to  use  ONE  database  instead  one  database  per
customer and target.

Then I modified RT to support the two things above, but now  I  get  the
hell of mySQL performance and it crash all the time

    Does someone know a more suitable RequestTracker
    for this kind of usage?

Also it should support PostgreSQL and use PHP5 or PHP6

The servers are IBM eServer x345 with Xeon DualCore 3GHz, 8 GByte memory
and 6x 147 GByte U320/15k SCSI Drives (Raid-5 + Hotfix)

Note:   I have also tried OTRS but it sucks from the beginnig. It
        maybe run for a singe instance with a singel  target  but
        it does not work in a bigger PRO environment because I am
        local ISP an have to handel several 10.000 FTTH customers

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack

itsystems at tdnet France EURL       itsystems at tdnet UG (limited liability)
Owner Michelle Konzack            Owner Michelle Konzack

Apt. 917 (homeoffice)
50, rue de Soultz                 Kinzigstraße 17
67100 Strasbourg/France           77694 Kehl/Germany
Tel: +33-6-61925193 mobil         Tel: +49-177-9351947 mobil
Tel: +33-9-52705884 fix

<http://www.itsystems.tamay-dogan.net/>  <http://www.flexray4linux.org/>
<http://www.debian.tamay-dogan.net/>         <http://www.can4linux.org/>

Jabber linux4michelle at jabber.ccc.de