[rt-users] Problems with RequestTracker

Dominic Hargreaves dominic.hargreaves at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Fri Feb 11 03:35:41 EST 2011

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 10:53:17PM +0100, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> With RT it is not possibel,  to  run  one  VHost  and  have  e.g.  three
> differnt targets like "abuse", "support" and "info" like
>
>     http://support.customer1.com/abuse/
>                                 /info/
>                                 /support/
>     http://support.customer2.com/abuse/
>                                 /info/
>                                 /support/
>
> Also it is not possibel to have more then  one  customer  on  a  server,
> because RT  enforce  to  use  ONE  database  instead  one  database  per
> customer and target.

If you use FastCGI (ie not mod_perl) then I don't see why you shouldn't
be able to run multiple instances of RT. I've never tried doing that
with the same codebase (may not be possible to override the configuration
file, and there are probably other similar issues with the state
directories) but multiple manual installations in different directories
ought to work.

> Then I modified RT to support the two things above, but now  I  get  the
> hell of mySQL performance and it crash all the time

How did you change it?

--
Dominic Hargreaves, Systems Development and Support Team