[rt-users] Problems with RequestTracker

Michael Brown mbrown at fensystems.co.uk
Fri Feb 11 05:34:32 EST 2011

On Friday 11 Feb 2011 08:35:41 Dominic Hargreaves wrote:
> If you use FastCGI (ie not mod_perl) then I don't see why you shouldn't
> be able to run multiple instances of RT. I've never tried doing that
> with the same codebase (may not be possible to override the configuration
> file, and there are probably other similar issues with the state
> directories) but multiple manual installations in different directories
> ought to work.

FWIW, this seems to be working for me with one codebase, multiple vhosts,
separate databases, separate configurations.

Essentially, this was achieved by creating multiple RT_SiteConfig.pm files in
the same directory, e.g. RT_site1.example.com.pm, RT_site2.example.com, and
then using the RT_SITE_CONFIG environment variable to select the relevant
configuration:

  RT_SITE_CONFIG=RT_site1.example.com.pm rt-setup-database --action init

and in the vhost configuration (using fcgid):

  ServerName site1.example.com
  DefaultInitEnv RT_SITE_CONFIG RT_site1.example.com

Michael