[rt-users] ModifyTicket/Steal/Take privileges

Jon Baker jbaker at wgm.us
Thu Feb 17 13:18:32 EST 2011

That's what I ended up doing and it looks like it's working great.  Here's the scrip action that I ended up using in case anyone else is looking for the solution:

my $GroupObj = RT::Group->new( $RT::SystemUser );
$GroupObj->LoadUserDefinedGroup( 'IT Admin' );
my $PrincipalObj = RT::Principal->new( $RT::SystemUser );
$PrincipalObj->Load( $self->TransactionObj->Creator );

if($GroupObj->HasMemberRecursively($PrincipalObj)) {
 # IT Admin is allowed to change the owner.
 return;
} else {
 if ($self->TransactionObj->Creator != 1) {
   # User 1 is the RT system, if we've recursed into here we don't want to do it again
   $self->TicketObj->SetOwner($self->TransactionObj->OldValue,'Force');
 }
}

--
Jon Baker
Systems Administrator

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This transmission may be confidential and subject to legal privilege.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you may not review, disclose, print, copy or disseminate this information. If you have received this in error, please reply and notify the sender (only) and delete the message. Unauthorized interception of this e-mail is a violation of federal criminal law.