[rt-users] search by CommentedOnBy?

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Mon Feb 21 11:59:19 EST 2011

On 21 Feb 2011 11:40, Chris Hall wrote:
> ..so I've been racking my brain on this one for awhile.  Any guidance is
> appreciated.  The aforementioned query works great, I just need to
> integrate it into RT.  However, the RT queries seem to (I'm sure for
> good reason) strip off alot of that query to the point that it doesn't
> work.  I've tried manually setting it as the query in a custom
> Results.html, still to no avail.  I'm not quite sure how to proceed.
>  Does anyone have any suggestions?

RT's user-exposed queries are written in TicketSQL, not SQL.  TicketSQL
is a SQL-like DSL to describe tickets you want to find.  TicketSQL
doesn't search for transactions, only tickets, so you can't express your
SQL query in TicketSQL.  http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/TicketSQL

To show the results of your SQL below in RT, you'd need to modify the
query to use the DBIx::SearchBuilder API and then display the results.

Thomas