[rt-users] search by CommentedOnBy?

Chris Hall hiro24 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 13:10:00 EST 2011

Sorry for the ignorance here, but I'm trying to muddle my way through this.
 I've installed DBIx::SearchBuilder via cpan and I've made a copy of the
Results.html found in /opt/rt3/share/html/Search, and called it
Results_custom.html.  I've put the following code in:

use DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle;

my $handle = DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle->new();

$handle->Connect(
        Driver          =>      'mysql',
        Database        =>      'rt3',
        Host            =>      'localhost',
        User            =>      'rt_user',
        Password        =>      'abcd1234'
);

my ($title, $ticketcount);
$session{'i'}++;
$session{'tickets'} = RT::Tickets->new($session{'CurrentUser'}) ;
$session{'tickets'}->$handle->FetchResult("select
Transactions.id,ObjectType,ObjectId,Type,Transactions.Created,Name,EmailAddress
from Transactions inner join Users on Users.id=Transactions.Creator where
ObjectType='RT::Ticket' and Type='Comment' and
Transactions.Created>='2011-02-04 01:00:00' and
Transactions.Created<='2011-02-07 23:59:00';");

in place of:

my ($title, $ticketcount);
$session{'i'}++;
$session{'tickets'} = RT::Tickets->new($session{'CurrentUser'}) ;
$session{'tickets'}->FromSQL($Query) if ($Query);

to try to force a query, but it seems to return no results.  I can't seem to
find a place to troubleshoot this from, so it's kinda like shooting in the
dark.  I was hoping maybe somebody could give me a little insight as to
where I'm mis-stepping.  Again, sorry about all the trouble and questions
about this.