[rt-users] scrip OnComment triggered when script is resolved

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Feb 22 11:35:42 EST 2011

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 04:05:19PM +0100, Nicolas GUIOT wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Feb 2011 13:31:29 +0000
> Dominic Hargreaves wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 08:23:36AM -0500, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> > > On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 09:26:30AM +0100, Nicolas GUIOT wrote:
>
> > high bit characters, anything other than letters or numbers
> > But again, there have been many bugfixes on that code since 3.8.7
> > Does this still happen if you remove your signature temporarily?
> >
> > If all you want to do is Resolve a ticket, click on Basics and resolve
> > it there, you'll skip the Comment screen.  That should help until you
> > can test coming up to a newer version.
>
> OK, I made both tests :
> - If I go to basics, and set the state to "Resolved", only the right scrip is triggered.
> - If I remove my signature in the editor, then "Resolve", agin, only the resolve scrip is triggered.

This points to an encoding bug in the RichText editor
If you change to the plain text editor and leave your Signature on,
does it still trigger a comment?

> --> The problem must be within the signature.
> FYI, it looks like this :
>
> Nicolas GUIOT
> My Company - My Unit
> My Adresss/Location - street
> 12345 CITY - COUNTRY
> Tel : (+00) 1 22 33 44 55
> Fax : (+00) 1 22 33 44 55

Do any of those elided lines contain 8bit characters?  I think there
was an open bug about someone whose name contained ë and the rich text
editor escaping that in a way that RT didn't handle properly.

-kevin