[rt-users] Stop RT for Backupprocess

Fernando Frota Machado de Morais frota at cecom.ufmg.br
Tue Feb 22 14:21:01 EST 2011

it is importante to stop MTA before httpd. We are planning to configure a
replica of the database that will be used to generate backups, while
main copy continues running.

We use this procedure:

Cron:
-------
36 5,11,16,21 * * * /var/lib/mysql/dumprt3.sh

dumprt3.sh
--------------
/sbin/service exim stop
/sbin/service httpd stop
mysqldump  -u backup rt3 > /backup/local/rt3-$M.sql
mv -f /backup/amanda/rt3-2.sql.gz /backup/amanda/rt3-3.sql.gz
mv -f /backup/amanda/rt3-1.sql.gz /backup/amanda/rt3-2.sql.gz
mv -f /backup/amanda/rt3-atual.sql.gz /backup/amanda/rt3-1.sql.gz
/sbin/service httpd start
gzip /backup/local/rt3-$M.sql
/sbin/service exim start
cp  /backup/local/rt3-$M.sql.gz /backup/amanda/rt3-atual.sql.gz
find /backup/local/rt3*.sql.gz -mtime +10 -delete

--
     Fernando Frota Machado de Morais
        Divisao de Redes de Comunicacao