[rt-users] Printing tickets

brad at thecomputerclinic.ca brad at thecomputerclinic.ca
Tue Feb 22 20:30:23 EST 2011

New RT user...

I own a computer repair shop and I have been looking at RT off and on for
the last year or so, as a way to track our customer problem tickets.

There two things that I am wondering about and maybe someone has come
across this before or can shed some light.

I would like to be able to:

1. print a ticket stub to give to my customers when they drop their
computer off at our shop, print slip to go with printer and I also would
like to print stickers from a tag printer or similar to stick onto the
computer and parts

2. retrieve and save customer information to my postgresql database
(ledgersmb) so that I don't have to maintain two lists of customers

Other than that RT does pretty much what I want out of the box.

The only other wish is, it would be nice to have multiple screens when
creating a new ticket, kind of like a wizard. Enter customer info, then
next to select problem, etc, etc, submit.

My programmer did add the ability to have check boxes and radio buttons
when submitting a ticket, but does make the new ticket screen kinda messy.

Thanks

Brad Yarotsky
The Computer Clinic
Canada