[rt-users] Printing tickets

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Mon Feb 28 16:34:31 EST 2011

On 22 Feb 2011 20:30, brad at thecomputerclinic.ca wrote:
> 1. print a ticket stub to give to my customers when they drop their
> computer off at our shop, print slip to go with printer and I also would
> like to print stickers from a tag printer or similar to stick onto the
> computer and parts

It'd be pretty easy to write your own custom ticket stub page that
printed well, stick it in local/html/Ticket/, and link to it from the
normal ticket page.  Then you could create a ticket, click the link, and
print.

Printing stickers probably depends a lot on what format the sticker
printer can handle.

> 2. retrieve and save customer information to my postgresql database
> (ledgersmb) so that I don't have to maintain two lists of customers

How are your customers represented in RT?  Do they ever login?

If you just want to be able to see your external customer information on
a ticket page, you could probably use a custom field set to a distinct
customer ID that inlines a URL based on the ID.  Then you just need to
write up a simple page that spits out the customer information from your
database (or link to an existing one that ledgersmb has).

Thomas