[rt-users] RT-3.8.9 upgrade problem with Rules.

Jason A. Smith smithj4 at bnl.gov
Thu Feb 24 11:03:48 EST 2011

On 02/23/2011 06:57 PM, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> Can you try 3.8.9 without your small patches?

Okay, my fault.  It wasn't any of the patches, but one local
modification that I forgot to convert to a patch.  I am using patches
when building my rpm so I can more easily keep our customizations
updated with changes to the upstream sources.  It is a lot easier for me
to do it this this way, than to use the rt local directory, as this most
recent problem painfully points out.

I found a modified Transaction_Overlay.pm file (based on 3.8.8) in rt's
local directory that I forgot to convert to a patch in my rpm, which was
causing my problem.  The modification was reported a while ago:

http://issues.bestpractical.com/Ticket/Display.html?id=14624

which I haven't received any feedback on yet by the way.  Any comments
about this ticket?  The patch makes our html templates work a lot better
when we get unwrapped user submitted content.

Thanks,
~Jason