[rt-users] RT::ACE example? (I think!)

Howard Jones howie at thingy.com
Thu Feb 24 12:39:02 EST 2011

I'm looking to write a small perl script to provision new queues. I tend
to make them all the same way:

   Create a group for the users who can handle tickets in the queue
   Create the queue, and make that group a watcher on it
   We use the exim-mysql config, so the mail gateway is done by magic
   Add the same set of rights for that group, and a few roles - Everyone
can Create, Requestor and Owner can reply.

I have got as far as a Queue created, and a Group created. I think I
need to create RT::ACE objects to add the appropriate rights. Is that
correct? I couldn't find any examples of doing this... how are Everyone,
Owner and Requestor done? It seems that the PrincipalID would be id of
the group I've just created, right?

Thanks in advance for any illumination!

Howie