[rt-users] single sign-on

John Arends jarends at illinois.edu
Mon Jan 3 11:41:31 EST 2011

We've done it two ways. The easiest is just to create a web mail form
using PHP and have it send email to RT. Since it is through our portal,
its easy to have the web form forge the from address as
username at whatever.com and RT thinks it came from the user.

We also have one more complicated form that uses the RT perl API to
actually create the ticket and set priorities. This has to run on our RT
server. I'd eventually like to get rid of it, since it is messy, but it
works.

--
John Arends
jarends at illinois.edu