[rt-users] Fwd: Fw: [ Hewitt & May #176] Test Ticket - #1 from yahoo mail box

James Moseley jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com
Tue Jan 4 20:26:58 EST 2011

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 6:12 PM, Naresh Maharaj <naresh at hewittandmay.com>wrote:

> Hi James,
>
> Your explanation actually makes sense now and we simply didn't look at it
> from that perspective.  We were simply let to believe that comments within
> RT would never be exposed to requestors and that under no circumstances the
> administrator would be allowed to copy in a comment and accidentally sending
> it to a requestor by clicking a "reply" hyperlink within RT.  Perhaps in our
> view, the "reply" hyperlink shouldn't even be visibile on any comment
> transaction of a ticket history.
>
> But thanks for explaining as we now understand the true RT behaviour on
> this matter.

Cc-ing the list...  The 'reply' and 'forward' hyperlinks in a comment
transaction are valuable in case you want to include/forward those comments
to cc's, requesters, or other parties that never received the comments
because they were a 'comment' transaction.  Not all comments are snide,
childish remarks.  ;-)

--
James Moseley