[rt-users] Problem with lost links - can someone confirm my fix (before I break stuff!)

LAW Andy andy.law at roslin.ed.ac.uk
Fri Jan 7 07:35:54 EST 2011

All,

I've been going back through our RT system and I've noticed that links between "old" tickets are missing/broken. I think that I understand the reason for this but I'd appreciate someone confirming it for me before I hack the database (and potentially break things).

When I look at the tickets, I see things like:

Fri Feb 01 12:00:46 2008	fred - Dependency by added

The system is reporting that there is a Dependency relationship but not picking up which ticket is at the other end of it.

Picking around in the database itsefl, I see that the relationships seem to be in the Links table and that the items added to the tickets are in the Transactions table. I also note that there is a difference between "Base"/"Target" and "LocalBase"/"LocalTarget" in that the former also contains the sitename. It is *this* that I think is causing the problems.

We moved domain name some time ago and I suspect that the problems arise from this. The sitename in the Links that are "missing" is the old site name.

So, am I on the right track here? If I do a global find/replace on the old sitename, converting it to the new one, will all my links spring into life again or will I just trash the whole system? If this *is* the way to go, apart from Links (Base|Target) and Transactions (NewValue) what else will I need to tweak?

Thanks in advance.

Later,

Andy
--------
Yada, yada, yada...

The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with registration number SC005336
Disclaimer: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the use of the recipient(s) to whom they are addressed. If you have received it in error, please destroy all copies and inform the sender.

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.