[rt-users] Set User Password

John Alberts John.Alberts at exlibrisgroup.com
Wed Jan 12 17:58:02 EST 2011

On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 13:16:51 -0800 (PST)
Kurt Engle <engle at 4j.lane.edu> wrote:

> I am wanting to use the Internal RT user database as well as an
> External LDAP database for user authentication.

The only way I've found to do this is to temporarily disable LDAP auth,
add the users I want and set their password, and then re-enable LDAP
auth.  One side effect, if the user you added does exist in LDAP, the
user can use either the LDAP password or the password you gave them to
login.

Not sure if there is a better way to do this, but I couldn't find any
'official' way to layer authentication and I only need to add a couple
special users for automation purposes, so what I did worked for me.

--
John Alberts
Hosted Services
john.alberts at exlibrisgroup.com