[rt-users] Set User Password

Kurt Engle engle at 4j.lane.edu
Wed Jan 12 16:16:51 EST 2011

I am wanting to use the Internal RT user database as well as an External LDAP database for user authentication. I have the LDAP side of things working properly. I also have the ability to create users using the RT WebUI. However, there is no option for setting a password for the newly created user. I am unable to login as the newly created users with a 'blank' password or a password of 'password'.

Why is there no option in the WebUI when creating a user to enter a password in my setup? I was under the impression that RT would fall back to internal auth if a user was not found in the External LDAP database. My log files do not indicate any such action.

>From RT_Siteconfig.pm:
Set($DatabaseType, 'mysql');
Set($DatabaseHost, 'localhost');
Set($DatabaseRTHost, 'localhost');
Set($DatabaseUser, '<username>');
Set($ExternalAuthPriority, ['My_LDAP']);
Set($ExternalInfoPriority, ['My_LDAP']);
Set($ExternalServiceUsesSSLorTLS, 0);
Set($AutoCreate, 1);
Set($AutoCreateNonExternalUsers, 1);

Kurt Engle