[rt-users] webmux.pl - Insecure dependency in chdir while running with -T switch

Kim Pedersen lists at kimp.org
Tue Jan 18 00:27:15 EST 2011

Hi everyone,.

I am installing a cloned copy of our live 3.8.8 RT installation (To test
a restoration/reinstallation and later to play with the 3.9.4 release).

The new server is running Apache 2.2.15 with mod_perl 2.0.4 on Mandriva
2010.1 x64, with Postgresql 9.0 - which is the same as the live server.

And the RT version is installed from RPM (built from a modified Mandriva
.spec file, updated to work with 3.8.8)

After installing RT I can't start Apache any longer and I am stuck with
the following problem in my apache log:

[error] Insecure dependency in chdir while running with -T switch at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.10.1/File/Path.pm line 250.\nCompilation failed in
require at (eval 2) line 1.\n
[error] Can't load Perl file: /usr/sbin/webmux.pl for server
www.testserver.com:0, exiting...

If I run webmux.pl manually as root, there are no Perl errors. A "make
testdeps" from the RT sources show all dependencies being okay as well.
The RT config files are the same as on the live server -  File::Path is
called at the end of webmux.pl, but I am just lost for what to look for
/ how to troubleshoot this.

Any hints / pointers?

Regards

Kim P