[rt-users] Endless auto-reply loop

Sean Quinlan sean at quinlan.org
Tue Jan 18 12:05:06 EST 2011

They aren't a user in RT. The only users within RT are the staff and
volunteers for the membership office. The 'clients' are the the thousands of
people who join the organization (Interscholastic Equestrian Association),
mostly riders and coaches. Because the membership 'office' is actually a
group of people who are widely distributed geographically, working out of
their homes, keeping track of support requests was becoming a nightmare. Our
hope is that RT can centralize the point of communication and tracking open
issues.

Given that, we configured it so anyone could email in and create a new
ticket. Most members of the IEA do have an email address, so I suppose we
could add them all 'by hand', but how would we keep the membership in sync,
which changes a little all the time and has significant churn every
enrollment period (late summer).

Thanks,
Sean