[rt-users] ¿does request-tracker3.6 need restart apache2 often?

Jose Diaz xt4mhz at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 20 18:09:06 EST 2011

Hi and thanks in advance.

I just installed request-tracker3.6 in a debian lenny server.

It works perfect but today suddenly stopped to send email to users when a new ticket is created. Even, when we make a reply to requestor, the email is not sent.

In the history of the ticket when its created as new, the message which says that email outgoing was recorded is not present.

So after a very pain process, we restarted apache2:

/etc/init.d/apache2 restart

And RT started to send emails again.

Is it normal?

We read something about FastCGI but we are not pretty clear.

Do we have to restart the apache2 often ?

Can we setup anything to avoid apache2 restart ?

Thanks again.

José.

--
Lic. José Gregorio Díaz Unda.
Asesor de Tecnologías de Información y Comunicación.