[rt-users] utf8 behavior and approach

Peter Vereshagin peter at vereshagin.org
Mon Jan 24 09:15:37 EST 2011

Como esta, rt-users?

I believe many of you guys use both mysql and fastcgi or want to do that for
RT. There was a problem on the list and I'm looking forward to hear if it's
about that:
http://lists.bestpractical.com/pipermail/rt-users/2010-July/065600.html

The solution is:

Specifying the 'mysql_enable_utf8=1;' in the DSN line solves all troubles. This
means to patch the existing applications, e. g., Bugzilla and perhaps RT.

Beware that there should be no 'mysql_enable_utf8' attribute in the attributes
hash for the DBI->connect. I have no idea if RT can do this without a patch.

More about this should be seen from me on a DBD::mysql mailing list.

Thanks for attention.

7! Peter pgp: A0E26627 (4A42 6841 2871 5EA7 52AB  12F8 0CE1 4AAC A0E2 6627)
--
http://vereshagin.org