[rt-users] Custom fields generating child tickets

Kris Germann kris_germann at 295.ca
Mon Jan 24 15:24:35 EST 2011

Hey everyone.

I have a few n00b questions for you on a new-ish RT 3.8.8 install:

I have created a custom field labeled 'Send to:', where there is a dropdown
list naming several queues. What I'm wondering is when selecting these
options & updating the ticket, if it could then create a child ticket in the
queue selected via the custom field dropdown menu with the content that
current reply / comment which would then be dependent on the 'master' ticket
of sorts.

--- Similar to http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/users/68537? ,But
different enough to require a separate answer,

Let me know if you can,

Kris Germann
Fibernetics Corporation