[rt-users] New install of RT4 crashes Internet Explorer 8

Sean McDaid seanmcdaid2000 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 06:28:42 EDT 2011

Yeah I can't recreate the issue there, perhaps I haven't created a large
enough
ticket. More likely though it is my configuration or data migration - I had
to upgrade
from 3.6 - 4.0 in one go.

Is there some way to migrate a 3.6 database directly to 4.0 and then simply
hook
this into a RT 4.0 install? This was done manually which I'm skeptical
about.

Thanks
Sean

>On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 10:23:06PM +0100, Sean McDaid wrote:
>> The ticket I am using as test case is a new ticket in the RT 4.0.1
>> installation. Make say 15 comments with 20 lines of text, within some
>> of these comments keep the quoted text. Also to the comments add some
>> attachments of different formats. Also add some transactions changing
>> status/owner/impact/category etc.
>>
>> This should create a relatively large ticket - load this up with IE8
>> with scripting enabled. This takes a very long time, and window
>> resizing also affects it.
>
> Would you find a ticket on issues.bestpractical.com (login using
> guest/guest) which shows the problem you're seeing? That will allow
> us to compare apples to apples.
>
> Thanks
>
> -kevin
>
>> Sean