[rt-users] GnuPG encryption to AdminCCs

Steve Huston huston at astro.princeton.edu
Thu Jul 14 17:57:27 EDT 2011

I've been experimenting with GnuPG encryption on the queue we have, and
I like how it handles things.  I did, however, notice one bit of
strangeness.

I tried to add a comment to a ticket and encrypt it through the web
interface, and was met with the error "You are going to encrypt outgoing
email messages, but there is a problem with a recipient's public key.
You have to fix the problem with the key, disable sending a message to
that recipient, or disable encryption."

The problem is that the user in question will not be receiving a copy of
the message - they are not an AdminCC, only a CC.  Yes, I can go down
and uncheck the box for him in "On Correspond Notify Requestors and Ccs"
but since this is a comment anyway I think it might be a bug that it's
checking.  If so, I'm happy to go file a proper ticket - just wanted to
clear it up here first.

--
Steve Huston - W2SRH - Unix Sysadmin, Dept. of Astrophysical Sciences
  Princeton University  |    ICBM Address: 40.346525   -74.651285