[rt-users] see new replies on home / dashboard

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Wed Jul 20 21:28:54 EDT 2011

On 07/20/2011 07:47 PM, Simon Walter wrote:
> One thing I need is to be able to see clearly on the Home screen / Dashboard
> is when a new reply to an existing ticket enters the system via email. It's
> clear when there is a new ticket in a queue, but there is no indication when a
> ticket has a new email reply. There are times when an issue is pending a
> customer's reply. If there is no clear way to see these replies on the home
> screen, that's kind of a show stopper. I think that is the only thing I miss
> from OTRS.

I include the LastUpdatedBy column in my saved searches for just this
reason.  If the last person to update wasn't me, the ticket probably
needs attention.

I also use the Stalled status when I expect it might take a while and I
want to push a ticket off my plate until something happens.  When
someone corresponds, the ticket is automatically set to Open again and
it'll pop up in my saved searches.  You can of course have tickets
auto-open on any sort of action that you want just by configuring new
scrips.

Thomas