[rt-users] Tuning RT4

Adam Thompson athompso at athompso.net
Mon Jul 25 12:34:27 EDT 2011

I can't speak for the dev team, but I have noticed a distinct trend:

Apache+mod_perl is very slow with RT4.0.
Lighttpd+FCGI is fast with RT4.0.
Standalone PSGI is really fast with RT4.0 (but not very scalable unless
you know what you're doing).

I haven't tested Apache with anything other than mod_perl, so I don't know
if it's Apache-specific or mod_perl-specific.

Most of the speed problems I've seen posted here are with RHEL/CentOS/SL
stock httpd & mod_perl installs, so it's also possible the problem is
OS-specific.

(And yes, I have a ticket open to try to narrow this down; unfortunately I
haven't had time to keep following up on it.)

-Adam Thompson
 athompso at athompso.net