[rt-users] View queue via the web w/o ticket creation ability

Kevin Garfield Robinson kevgrob at umd.edu
Tue Jul 26 14:38:45 EDT 2011

I'm definitely an RT newbie (4.0.1) and in our department we wanted to create a generic user account that could login via the web and view a particular queue w/o being able to create a ticket.  Not looking for the self service option, but for a privileged user to view a particular queue. This account would be used by the regular staff to view the queue and see if their particular ticket has been worked on or view the other queue submission (IT transparency-YAY :().

I know that in order to allow tickets to be created the CreateTicket permission has to be given to Everyone.   Like most permission schemes, is there a permission override option for everyone where I could explicitly state that a particular doesn't have the right to create a ticket, but everyone else does?

So far everything else works, but I've been trying to figure out a variety of ways to do this, but keep coming up short.

Thanks in advance.