[rt-users] View queue via the web w/o ticket creation ability

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Jul 26 14:49:58 EDT 2011

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 02:38:45PM -0400, Kevin Garfield Robinson wrote:
>    I know that in order to allow tickets to be created the CreateTicket permission has to be
>    given to Everyone.   Like most permission schemes, is there a permission override option for

That isn't true. You only have to give it to Everyone or Unprivileged if
you want users without existing accounts in RT to be able to create
tickets by email.

>    everyone where I could explicitly state that a particular doesn't have the right to create a
>    ticket, but everyone else does?

Grant Unprivileged the CreateTicket right, put all your other
Privileged users in a group and give them CreateTicket.  Then create
your readonly Privileged user and don't add them to the group that has
CreateTicket.

-kevin