[rt-users] RT 4.0.1 Custom Field -> Wikitext box not saving all data.

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Jul 27 19:44:01 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 05:49:02PM -0500, Scott wrote:
>    On 07/27/2011 05:43 PM, Kevin Falcone wrote:
>
>  On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 05:37:27PM -0500, Scott wrote:
>
>     I logged in to rt with the other users' browser (on their pc) and was able to
>     to add several lines of text.  I then asked another power user to try to add
>     a line of data and she was able as well (all the lines were preserved).  So
>     there definitely a acl type issue going on here.  Is there a new right I need to
>     add?
>
>  What rights do they have and how are they assigned?
>  SeeCustomField/ModifyCustomField granted on the CustomField to a group
>  that the user was in (and the user's only other rights were ShowTicket
>  and CreateTicket on that single queue).
>
>  I went with a very trivial configuration, the hard part is likely to
>  be understanding your rights configuration
>
>    If I click on the CF and then groups and add those rights to everyone, would that
>    help test the issue?

It's much more interesting to me to know how they *currently* get
their ModifyCustomField rights on that CF.

After that, if changing to direct assignment to the CF fixes it, it'll
point to what is going on.

Without knowing how to replicate the failure, it's very hard to write
a test and debug

-kevin