[rt-users] Setting TimeWorked in lifecycle

Barnes, Andrew (barnesaw) barnesaw at UCMAIL.UC.EDU
Thu Jun 2 13:54:17 EDT 2011

On 6/2/11 10:23 AM, "Kevin Falcone" <falcone at bestpractical.com> wrote:

>On Wed, Jun 01, 2011 at 08:12:46PM -0400, Barnes, Andrew (barnesaw) wrote:
>>    Now that RT 4 uses lifecycles, I'm not sure how to accomplish this
>>same thing using lifecycles
>>    in RT_SiteConfig.pm.  The documentation in RT_Config is less than
>>helpful for anything but
>>    stock behavior: show the update page or just change a status, but it
>>isn't very flexible
>>    beyond that.  Am I missing something?  Even a wiki page addressing
>>lifecycles in some fashion?
>>

>I don't believe lifecycles currently offers you the flexibility of
>adding a tab like that (although adding the Quick Resolve portion is
>trivial, and if it isn't clear from the docs, a bug report about how
>to make it clearer would be great.  We've added just such a tab on
>issues.bestpractical.com so we can quick resolve things).
>
>You're going to need to use one of the Elements/Tabs callbacks to
>modify the link for the Quick Resolve action to include
>UpdateTimeWorked.  You'll find the PageMenu() method available from
>your callback useful, and the docs in RT::Interface::Web::Menu may be
>helpful for navigating the data structure.
>
>-kevin

I was, indeed, able to get my lifecycle to do a QuickResolve without
logging time.  The documentation is pretty clear on that, I just couldn't
find any other references to lifecycles anywhere else.

For the moment I have hacked /Elements/Tabs to do it the quick and dirty
way while I work on a dev box to get it done in a more "proper" way.
Appreciate the pointers, I will spend some time breaking the dev box and
report back in case this is something someone else has interest in.

--
Drew Barnes
Applications Analyst