[rt-users] full text search, including custom fields?

Michael W. Lucas mwlucas at blackhelicopters.org
Wed Jun 15 10:51:07 EDT 2011

Hi,

My users need to be able to search by phone number. That is, they need
to be able to search for, say, 301-555-1212, and see all tickets where
that number appears.  Most of our queues have a custom field for phone
numbers, but phone numbers can also appear in message bodies.

It appears that a simple search with fulltext: searches only the
ticket comments and replies.  I'd like to have the fulltext search
also check my custom fields.  Is there a simple way to achieve this?

Running RT 3.8.6 on pgsql and FreeBSD.

Thanks for any suggestions,
==ml

--