[rt-users] Modifying stuff with CLI, especially rights

Lars Reimann l.reimann at metaways.de
Tue Mar 1 08:30:14 EST 2011

Hi all,

i've done some digging since we are having the need to alter / edit
stuff within RT programatically via the built-in CLI.

However, I find the general documentation sparse and can only agree with
previous questions which have gone unanswered / unsolved.

Modifying stuff such as rights for a user should be possible with CLI,
but syntax and method is still unknown (at least to me) after a close
look at things.

What we (and basically other users) need would be the approach to add
users to specific groups and modify access rights for those groups (its
a pain to clicky clicky on the web-interface for admins).

I understand that the CLI is basically a wrapper for the underlying perl
code. I would rather use the CLI to be database conform / rt conform
than devising a way to solve my problems in an unclean way.
Please update / tell us more about solving things via the CLI.

Updating the Wiki may be also a good step, but that can also be done by
me, once the general approach / scope is clear.

e.g. References:
Batch *Rights* modification with *CLI*
<http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/users/90712?search_string=rights%20cli;#90712>
Dec 10, 2009, 6:49 AM
Using *CLI* to modify group *rights* on a queue - is it possible?
<http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/users/84106?search_string=rights%20cli;#84106>Mar
20, 2009, 9:44 AM

greetings,
l.r.