[rt-users] HTML/Richtext email with RT

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Wed Mar 16 11:05:25 EDT 2011

On 16 Mar 2011 07:58, Narayanaswamy, Nagaraj wrote:
> We have been running RT 3.8.7 on ubuntu 10.10 for about a month now  and
> almost all of our ticket creation is via the email interface. Our user’s
> email client is Outlook and most of the time when our helpdesk responds
> they answer via email too. The complaint I hear is that all the font,
> font color, font size is all lost when it goes out of RT.
>
> I’ve seen an article on contribution Wiki
>
> http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/SendHTMLEmail
>
> Is this the way to go? Or do you guys have other recommendations?

That wiki page is harmful if you have a relatively modern version like
3.8.7.

You need to enable HTML in your templates by adding a Content-Type:
text/html line to the top of each one you want in HTML and then making
sure the call to $Transaction->Content includes Type => 'text/html' in
the arguments.

See also:
https://github.com/bestpractical/rt/blob/rt-3.8.7/docs/templates.pod#Special_Headers

> I also tried setting the RichText in SiteConfig.pm and restarting
> Apache, no luck with it.
>
> Set($PreferRichText, 1);

That affects display of mail in RT.

Thomas